Date:      Tue, 06 Apr 2004 03:35:43 +1000
From:      "Rob Byrnes" <robbyrnes@fastmail.com.au>
To:        "Dag-=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Erling=20Sm=F8rgrav?=" <des@des.no>
Cc:        alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linprocfs on 4.9-STABLE

On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 08:13:45 +0200, "Dag-Erling Sm=F8rgrav" <des@des.no>
said:
> Rob B <robbyrnes@fastmail.com.au> writes:
> > I don't have any of these directories ... should they be created
> > automatically?  If so, when should this happen?
>=20
> /compat/linux/proc is created when you install linux_base.

Except in this case it wasn't :-/
>=20
> > erwin # kldload linprocfs
> > Password:
> > kldload: can't load linprocfs: No such file or directory
>=20
> once again, what messages (if any) show up on the console when you try
> to load linprocfs?  And does /modules/linprocfs.ko exist?

/modules/linprocfs.ko does not exist and the above message was the exact
error that gets spat out when trying to load it.  I had a peek through
the source directories, and for some reason the only directories that
mention it are=20
/usr/src/sys/i386/linux/linprocfs/ and /usr/src/sys/modules/linprocfs.=20
Why would the sources not exist?

Rob

--=20