Date:      Thu, 10 Jan 2019 11:14:19 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: py27 ./. py3 version of ports

On 10/01/2019 10:04, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> I've compiled on CURRENT the ports of December 23 from SVN with my
> poudriere oven. ANd I have nothing set about FLAVOR in make.conf for
> python. Why d I habe now some 157 py27 ports and only 4 py3:
>
> $ ls -l /usr/PKGDIR.20181223/py27* | wc -l
>       157
> $ ls -l /usr/PKGDIR.20181223/py3* | wc -l
>         4
>
> in my local repository? Perhaps I did something stupid wrong.

Python 2.7 is still the default in ports -- that's the flavour you're
going to get unless you say otherwise.  You'ld get py36 flavours if you
had something that was python36 specific on your build list, or you'ld
configured some ports to build that way in the list of what you want
poudriere to build by appending @py36 to the port name.

You can get poudriere to generate packages for all of the different
standard(*) flavours by appending '@all' to the port name you give as
input to poudriere, or to build absolutely all standard flavours for
everything by adding FLAVOR_DEFAULT_ALL=yes to poudriere.conf

	Cheers,

	Matthew

(*) "Standard" in the case of python means py27 and py36 flavours.  You
could also build py35 or py37 flavours, but you have to ask for those
specifically.  Similarly for other flavoured things like PHP.