Date:      Tue, 1 May 2012 10:23:51 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        Damjan Marion <damjan.marion@gmail.com>
Cc:        arm@FreeBSD.org, Tim Kientzle <tim@kientzle.com>
Subject:   Re: Request for Review:  improving Ubldr syscall linkage.

On May 1, 2012, at 2:01 AM, Damjan Marion wrote:

>=20
> On May 1, 2012, at 7:43 AM, Tim Kientzle wrote:
>>=20
>> The only odd point:  The ARM reference I have lists blx
>> only for ARMv6 and ARMv7 instruction sets =85 or am I
>> misreading that somehow?
>=20
> BX and BLX are supported since ARMv5 in ARM mode and since ARMv4 in =
THUMB mode so this will break some very old stuff like StrongARM which =
is ARMv4(non T).

Of the Atmel stuff, only the AT91RM9200 is ARM v4.  The rest is ARMv5.  =
I don't know that we support the callback to the bootloader for the =
Atmel port, but a lot of work went in for the AT91SAM stuff that might =
have snuck that kind of change in when I wasn't looking.

Warner