Date:      Thu, 22 Feb 2007 15:42:03 -0500
From:      Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk@voicenet.com>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   problem report 106370

	So I'm currently stuck trying to get this bug resolved:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/106370

	I've been using linux, for the most part, since installing FreeBSD on
this machine in order to use 3D acceleration, periodically updating my
installation of -CURRENT and the modular ports tree for updates to xorg.
Unfortunately, I still get that distortion when running with DRI
enabled.

	At Eric Anholt's suggestion, I tried comparing the linux and freebsd
versions of ati_pcigart.c for some key difference since he thinks that's
the source of this problem.  Unfortunately, I was unable to see
anything, which means that either it's not he source of the problem or
(more likely) I just missed something obvious.

	Does anyone else have any ideas?  It'd be a shame for FreeBSD to switch
to Xorg 7.2, only to have many more PCIe ATI users unable to use 3D
acceleration.

Adam