Date:      26 Jan 2005 08:35:18 +0100
From:      Juergen Nickelsen <news041003@w21.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Server Panics & Reboots

Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org> writes:

> Different thing triggering the reboots, and generally a signal 11?
> This is almost always some sort of hardware trouble, most often bad
> memory.

Extremely likely, yes. I've had that a few times, mostly with el
cheapo PCs; with one it did interestingly not happen with FreeBSD
1.1.5.2, but with 2.0. Better hardware always solved the problem.

--
Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all
others because you were born in it.       -- George Bernard Shaw