Date:      Sat, 14 Aug 2004 15:25:26 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Chris <bsdnewbie@coolarrow.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: security run output

--G4iJoqBmSsgzjUCe

On Sat, Aug 14, 2004 at 07:57:58AM -0500, Chris wrote:
>=20
>=20
>=20
> First time I've ever seen this:
>=20
>=20
> server.tcslea.org kernel log messages:
> > ff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PS=
E36,CLFLUSH,DTS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE>
>=20
> (one long line - sorry for the wrapping)
>=20
> It appears to be CPU related, but in what context? Is it something I need=
 to investigate, and if so, how?

No -- that's entirely harmless. If you look at /var/run/dmesg.boot,
you see that it's just part of the normal kernel output during boot.
Specifically it's a list of the capabilities of your CPU.

What's happened is that the message buffer has somehow got truncated
at the beginning, and you're seeing just the end of that particular
line.  For some reason, the daily security script thinks it's
significant kernel output, but it isn't really.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
                                                      Savill Way