Date:      Mon, 27 Jan 1997 16:22:25 +0000
From:      nik@blueberry.co.uk (Nik Clayton)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        www@freebsd.org
Subject:   WWW 'Submit a FAQ'? / sendfaq?

Hi folks,

A suggestion for the FAQ maintainers (and Web guys). Would it be useful
to have a defined format for submitting FAQs (like, "How do I get a UFS
fs on a ZIP disk") to the project?

And then something like send-pr ('send-faq'?) which could just be a shell
script to run 'send-pr -f faq-template' or something.

In addition, maybe stick an interface to it on the webpages?

While I'm here -- how about a mailing list, like -chat, but for "technical
items related to the FreeBSD community" (since that's the -chat description,
minus the prepended 'Non'). For suggestions like this that aren't really
questions. Perhaps then the traffic on -questions (and -hackers) which are
more suggestions and commentary relating to FreeBSD would migrate over
to this new list.

--+=[ Blueberry Hill                  Blueberry New Media                ]=+--
--+=[ http://www.blueberry.co.uk/     1/9 Chelsea Harbour Design Centre, ]=+--
--+=[ WebMaster@blueberry.co.uk       London, England, SW10 0XE          ]=+--
--+=[  .out => Compiled program; .o => Object code; .c => Documentation  ]ENTP