Date:      Sun, 06 Dec 1998 01:46:56 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
To:        williamj@mail.oakland-info.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: installation question-multiple hard drives

William Johnston wrote:

> To whom it may concern:
>
> I have a second SCSI hard drive partitioned
> into six partitions (d - i).  When I attempt to install
> FreeBSD, only one partition appears in the
> partition editor.(d)
>
> Why aren't the other partitions shown?

Is the partition and extended partition?. If so, FreeBSD can't "see" the
(DOS) logical drives inside the partition, it only "sees" the partition
itself.

> Regards,
> Bill Johnston

  Trust the computer industry to shorten Year 2000 to Y2K. It
  was this thinking that caused the problem in the first place.

Mark Ovens, CNC Applications Engineer, Radan Computational Ltd
Sheet Metal CAD/CAM Solutions
mailto:marko@uk.radan.com    http://www.radan.com