Date:      Tue, 23 Apr 1996 09:22:57 -0600
From:      Sean Kelly <kelly@fsl.noaa.gov>
To:        nik@blueberry.co.uk
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fvwm95 port and process limits / bin/sh problem?

    Nik> <takes brick>
    Nik> <pounds repeatedly into brain>

Ouch!

    Nik> Ah, I feel much better, I can even tell you precisely why I
    Nik> didn't do that.  There's about three sample entries in the
    Nik> .fvwm2rc95 file that *don't* do this

The fault clearly lies with Hines and Nation (and whoever released
fvwm95) for releasing a poor sample RC file!  They should've realized
that in sample RC files are sometimes a lot better than documentation
that accompanies a product---and as a result, they've got to be
perfect.

Don Norman's _The Design of Everyday Things_ expounds similar
sentiments.

    Nik> Many thanks. And if at any point in the future you need the
    Nik> blindingly obvious pointed out to you, I'll be happy to
    Nik> return the favour B-)

Great ... you can join the club ... I've got about 20 others who are
already more than happy to do so!  ;-)

--
Sean Kelly
NOAA Forecast Systems Laboratory    kelly@fsl.noaa.gov