Date:      Thu, 20 Sep 2001 03:14:46 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chris Coleman <chrisc@vmunix.com>
To:        Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
Cc:        Si <si@chemicalterrorism.com>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Banner Exchanges

>   Views  Clicks  Rate
>   25818	 733	2.84%
>
> Here are the stats for the bofh book stats.
>   84577	 2873	3.40%

Just to be fair, I thought I'd give out some more information and explain
that these are two of the better performing ads that we have.

Where they are posted does make a difference as well.

We ran the BOFH ad on Daily and we got:
    57582	 1385	2.41%

When we ran the same ad on the front page of the ezine, we got:
    26999	1489	5.52%

Most of this has to do with the number or unique visitors we get to the
front page of the ezine vs Daily.  We get alot of repeat visitors to
Daily, so the page views go up, but the click thrus don't, because people
have already seen the ad several times.

Just in case you were wondering,

The FreeBSD ads we are running get  1.37% click thru
The NetBSD ads we are running get   1.42% click thru.
The OpenBSD ads we are running get  1.53% click thru.
The Daemon News in house ads get    1.55% click thru.

-Chris