Date:      Tue, 4 Sep 2012 16:50:29 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>
To:        Herbert Poeckl <freebsdml@ist.tugraz.at>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Need help with nfsv4 and krb5 access denied

Herbert Poeckl wrote:
> On 09/03/2012 09:25 PM, Rick Macklem wrote:
> > Herbert Poeckl wrote:

> >> [..]
> >>
> >> For the records:
> >>
> >> The problem was fixed in this post:
> >> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-fs/2012-August/015047.html
> >>
> > Ok, so are you saying that the patch in Attila's email fixed your
> > problem?
>
> Yes it does. Sorry I missed your following post to his message.

No problem. In case you haven't seen it yet, it basically sounds like
a Linux client issue from what Attila reports, but changing the code
so that it doesn't invalidate the client's security handle when the
DESTROY fails due to an invalid checksum, seems reasonable.

> > If so, please try the attached patch. (It doesn't set the client
> > security
> > handle stale when DESTROY fails, due to an invalid encrypted
> > checksum. It
> > is similar to his patch, but only for the DESTROY case, which seems
> > to be
> > ok to do from my understanding of the RPCSEC_GSS. It doesn't include
> > the
> > timer changes, which shouldn't affect the outcome from afaik.)
>
> Just tried your patch, and it fixes the problem too.

Ok, thanks for testing it. If Attila reports that it fixes the problem
for him too, I'll commit it. Glad that we seem to have lucked out and
resolved this, due to Attila's work on it.