Date:      Sat, 3 Jul 1999 16:04:18 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@rush.net>
To:        jnscales <jnscales@email.msn.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I have an ATAPI CD-ROM

On Sat, 3 Jul 1999, jnscales wrote:

> I have a 32 spped atapi cd-rom drive. this is keeping me from installing
> because it gives me this message. "No CD-ROM device found" Wil there be
> support for ATAPI Cd-roms in the next release?

There is support although it's a bit "funky", where is your cdrom
located?

first IDE cable slave?
second cable master?

try moving it around, some ATAPI cdroms are so uncompliant with
the spec that FreeBSD does have a rough time locating and using them...

you should be able to move it back to its original place on the IDE
bus when you are done with the install.

oh, and just a question, you're not disabling the IDE controllers
in the kernel config on bootup are you? (don't do that)

best of luck,
-Alfred