Date:      Mon, 24 Apr 1995 13:38:34 +0200
From:      William Wanders <wwanders@sci.kun.nl>
To:        steve2@genesis.tiac.net
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: floppy tape formatting

   Date: Mon, 24 Apr 1995 01:13:19 -0400
   From: steve2@genesis.tiac.net (Steve Gerakines)
   Sender: hackers-owner@FreeBSD.org

   Good news.  I've got floppy tape formatting working on my 1.1.5.1 system.
   (Bye bye DOS!)  I'm going to be putting together a 2.0-current patch set
   over the next couple of days but before I submit it I'd like to get a few
   testers to check it out.  If you've got some time (and maybe an unformatted
   tape :-)) send me a message with the following information and I'll send
   you the 2.x patches:

Thats wonderfull !!! And yes i can make some time free to test it :-)

   Your email address: wwanders@sci.kun.nl
   Tape drive manufacturer and model: IOMega 420 MB
   QIC-40 or QIC-80: QIC-40 (read only) QIC-80 & QIC-WIDE
   Tape length(s) you use: 307.5ft and 400ft (WIDE)

   (Need the info so I can try and get a variety of hardware.)

   Thanks!
   - Steve
   steve2@genesis.tiac.net

Question1:I'm trying to modify ft in such a way that i can use
          more backups on a single tape. Currently i'm using the
          volume table for that. But i currently dont have the
          standards at hand (letter to QIC standards is on the mail)
          is the volumetable a correct segment only ? like the headers ?

Question2:Would it be a good idea to incorperate volumetables also
          in the driver? Eg commands like 'mt fsf 2' could easily
          be done with the data inside the volumetable.

William Wanders (wwanders@sci.kun.nl)