Date:      Fri, 31 Aug 2001 22:37:28 +0930
From:      "Adam Smith" <adam.smith@sageautomation.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Stupid mouse

Hiya

I'm having difficulty with a PS/2 Intellimouse on my BSD box;

Whenever I execute moused with 'moused -p /dev/psm0' the mouse does
*not* work and I get the message:

Aug 31 22:29:47 hostname /kernel: psmintr: out of sync (0000 != 0008).
Aug 31 22:29:47 hostname last message repeated 96 times

It appears to be stopping X from loading with:

*insert strangeness here*

Well I just tried to load X as I was typing this message and X loaded
successfully however my mouse is jumping all over the screen, and moused
isn't loaded at the time.

This wasn't happening before.

I replaced the mouse just in case it was a hardware fault but it turns
out that the mouse I replaced it with is giving the same symptoms.

I guess it's something wrong with my settings because this computer has
never shown any signs of mouse problems before, including a test install
of BSD which ran the mouse with no problems, and since reinstalling it
has never worked.

It's heaps frustrating :)

Grr :)

Regards,

Adam Smith
IT Officer
SAGE Automation Ltd

adam.smith@sageautomation.com
http://www.sageautomation.com

************** Email Confidentiality Clause **************
The information contained within this email and its attachments is intended for the named recipients only. It may contain privileged and confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this email in error, please return it to the originator advising of the error and delete all copies of it from your system.