Date:      Tue, 13 Jan 1998 01:56:36 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        nash@mcs.net (Alex Nash)
Cc:        shimon@simon-shapiro.org, nash@mcs.net, kong@kkk.ml.org, Studded@dal.net, current@FreeBSD.ORG, thyerm@camtech.net.au
Subject:   Re: Firewall in kernel? - Found it!

> While these steps are highly recommendable (I try to check commits
> against up-to-the-minute sources in a similar way), they can't prevent
> problems such as the one involved in this thread (i.e. the exit codes
> for ipfw causing breakage for the non-firewall kernels).

No.  That particular problem resulted from checking for the nonexistance
of a specific error condition to signal success, instead of looking for
the (single) specific success condition.

In other words, it was just a bad test.

Probably the best place to address that would be a "style" for the
files involved (comments at the top, maybe?).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.