Date:      Sat, 09 Oct 1999 22:07:48 -0700
From:      Dann Lunsford <dann@greycat.com>
To:        "Bill A. K." <billieakay@yahoo.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PCI sound devices

"Bill A. K." wrote:

> Try this:
>
> make sure your kernel config file has support for pci (of course)
>
> add the line
>
> device pcm0
>
> to your kernel config file and recompile and reinstall the kernel and reboot
>
> on boot, see if it configures your card as pcm something and made a snd
> device accordingly  e.g.  if it configures the card as pcm0 then make a

Thanks for the thoughts, Bill, but I'm afraid it's a no go.  The "card"
isn't attached to *any* driver; still comes up as "none0" and "none1"
in the pciconf -l listing.  There is obviously something I'm missing; no
real problem, as I seem to be a permanent resident in the State of
Confusion :-)

Thanks again!

Dann Lunsford