Date:      Tue, 11 Mar 1997 17:50:02 +0100
From:      Lars Koeller <Lars_Koeller@odie.physik2.uni-rostock.de>
To:        lars.falch@dbergstrom.dk
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Xwindows!?

 > find the answer I needed.
 >
 > When I launch X (and go back to the console from where I
 > launched it), I can see that it has reported the following
 > error:
 >
 > PEX extension module not loaded
 > XIE extension module not loaded

This are the 3D X11 extension called PEX and the X Input Extension (XIE) you
can configure the load of both of them in the XF86Config file. Read the
manpage for more info.

 > What does the above modules do? And should I simply ignore the
 > error?
 >

 > Now another thing (rather important) - my fvwm is unable to
 > start, and reports the following error:
 >
 > ld.so failed: Can't find shared library "libXpm.so.4.6"

Install the package xpm-3.4f or later to fix this!

Regards

Lars
Internet:                                       |  Lars Koeller
  Lars_Koeller@odie.physik2.Uni-Rostock.DE      |  Department of Physics
  ftp://odie.physik2.uni-rostock.de             |  University of Rostock
PGP-key:                                        |  Germany
  http://www.nic.surfnet.nl/pgp/pks-toplev.html |

----------- FreeBSD, what else? ---- http://www.freebsd.org ------------