Date:      Wed, 12 Apr 2000 06:48:46 -0400
From:      Otter <otter@otter.cc>
To:        Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Otter <otterr@telocity.com>, Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@internetcds.com>, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Boca IO cards, Release notes list BB2016, doesn't exist...

Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai wrote:

> -On [20000411 04:01], Otter (otterr@telocity.com) wrote:
> >i've got a BB1008 i can throw in for testing if you need info on it. it's
> >just sitting in a box. right now, i have no real use for it. let me know if
> >u need any info on it. fyi: it's a few years old.
>
> Please do, that way we can either try and support it, or incase it
> works, add it to the NOTES.

Do I understand you correctly as "no modem control" meaning I can't
hook up external modems. If so, why not? I'm not very familiar with
the hardware. I installed it once at a customer's site a few years
ago. I remember fighting with irq's to get it to work. Since the
customer's machine has been upgraded, I pulled the card, since no one
else had a use for it. We were using it for communications to
different hardware out on site (fire alarm, access control, HVAC
gateway). Since the load was split between several machines in the
upgrade, it's no longer needed. I kept it in the hopes of tying in to
our existing modem pool and setting up a second terminial server
eventually.
-Otter