Date:      Sat, 20 Jul 2019 11:50:18 +0300
From:      Greg V <greg@unrelenting.technology>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org,Evilham <contact@evilham.com>
Subject:   Re: acpi issues on FreeBSD-current_r350103 on Thinkpad A485

On July 20, 2019 1:54:47 AM GMT+03:00, Evilham <contact@evilham=2Ecom> wrot=
e:

> it even suspends and resumes back to X

Wow, that's great news! Desktop Ryzen+Vega doesn't (not that I need suspen=
d very much on desktop haha)

>- xbacklight doesn't work, neither does intel-backlight because=20
>  it's AMD

Since it's a Thinkpad, do the brightness keys work anyway? Does acpi_ibm w=
ork?

>Serious issue:
>I was just debugging this right now, more infos with a proper bug=20
>report will come, but I think the system encounters a deadlock=20
>sometimes with the drm-kmod / amdgpu which results in a kernel=20
>panic=2E

If you're on the packaged drm-kmod v4=2E16, it's amazing that Raven GPU wo=
rks at all=2E You should try drm-v5=2E0 from git=2E

>kld_list=3D"amdgpu"

It even works when loaded this early? Interesting=2E Do you also not have =
the EFI framebuffer conflict? i=2Ee=2E without disabling vt=2Esyscons, ever=
ything just works reliably?