Date:      Thu, 26 Jul 2001 13:03:52 +0200
From:      "Karel J. Bosschaart" <karelj@wop21.wop.wtb.tue.nl>
To:        Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: spontaneous reboots: how common in general?

On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 02:18:18AM -0700, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
> Do you have any information on whether this started happening with
> a new release version?  If the system was fine on 4.2-RELEASE and
> earlier then submit a PR - also you may want to reference PR i386/27042 - and
> include your dmesg output.  I would not submit a troublesome ISO unless asked
> to do so by a developer.

I had a 4.1.1-STABLE machine having the problem, so it already existed
before 4.2-RELEASE. Also, I remember that I saw the annoying 'Bad address'
thing passing by quite often on some CD's that I burnt more than one year
ago, when I was using FreeBSD 4.0/4.1. Since I have a subscription on the
CD set since 3.3 and a spare hard drive, I could install older versions
and track down where the problem appeared.

Karel.