Date:      Mon, 29 Jul 2013 13:01:49 +0530
From:      varanasi sainath <varanasisai@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org, freebsd-fs@freebsd.org,  freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        abgupta@microsoft.com
Subject:   Kernel Panic - Unix socket communication in kernel module

Hello,

I am writing a kernel module in which I am trying to connect to a UNIX
socket
(UNIX domain sockets use the file system as their address name space).
Kernel module (loadable) acts as a client and User mode program acts as
server,
I have loaded the module using kldload and communication between
user and kernel module works fine,
when I try to load the kernel module from loader.conf -
auto load the kernel module at boot up leads to kernel panic
as the file system is not ready and kern_connect fails.

How to notify kernel module that File system is ready?
(any specific event flags)

Is there any specific location for Unix domain socket files?
(currently created it under /root/soc/socket )

Using "MODULE_DEPEND" Can I make the module dependent of file system?

Thanks.

*
*