Date:      Sat, 29 Dec 2001 19:50:20 +0100
From:      Mark Rowlands <mark.rowlands@minmail.net>
To:        James McNaughton <jtm63@enteract.com>
Cc:        Nils Holland <nils@tisys.org>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with new KDE 2.2.2 port?

On Saturday 29 December 2001 5:24 pm, James McNaughton wrote:
> FYI, I recall reading recent postings indicating that autoconf and
> automake are somehow involved in KDE build failures. Try searching the
> miling list archives.
>
> I didn't save the messages so I can't quote them.

I had some problems with autoconf when it went to 2,5x.   It has had a couple
of updates since then.  I have KDE on  a couple of machines right now and
have had no further problems.

My last full kde build was 21-dec and I have  kdelibs-2.2.2 and
koffice-1.1.1,1 from the 25th dec

current auto..... versions

autoconf 2.52_2   (Dec 28)
automake-1.5,1    (Nov 2)

--
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans of Java
that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes