Date:      Thu, 03 Oct 1996 08:45:31 -0700
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        roberto@keltia.freenix.fr (Ollivier Robert)
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ELFKit on current

> Has anyone tried to merge (I saw Peter do at least) John Polstra's
> ELFKit into current ?

I would like to see this happen, but I just haven't had time to do it
myself lately.  I know that Peter had it merged at one point months ago,
but I don't know whether he's kept it up to date or not.

If I were going to do it myself, I'd use this approach:

1. Take a look and make sure it hasn't already been done. :-)
2. Ask Peter if he's done anything with it lately.
3. Do it:
    mkdir work
    cd work
    cvs co -r RELENG_2_1_0_RELEASE libc
    cd libc
    [Apply the Elfkit patches]
    cvs update -APd
    [Resolve conflicts]
    [Check modified files for bogosity]
    [Try to compile it for both a.out and ELF]
    [Test test test]
    [Cajole somebody into reviewing it]
    [Commit it]

I hope/plan to get this done some day, but I can't promise that I'll get
to it any time soon.  If somebody else wants to work on it in the
meantime, it will be just fine with me.  (Check with Peter first.  It
might save you a lot of time.)

John