Date:      Mon, 26 Jan 2004 10:14:03 +0200
From:      Alexey Kuzmenko <ask@un.kiev.ua>
To:        Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.no-ip.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re[2]: ARP poisonong. LIVE_MAC

Hello Lowell,

>> replies for restricted host causing these hosts (basically windows) not
>> to work in the LAN.
LG> What an incredibly ugly idea.

Why it's ugly?. Imagine that You've built a LAN to provide this
service to customers (each PC is a separate customer, service is LAN). But all LAN has
no L3 switches to cut off some customer that didn't pay for the
service.

How do you plan to cut off customers in debts?

>> I'm wandering if there is something like above but for FreeBSD. I need
>> to disallow any host network activity from the server (FreeBSD 4.8)

LG> Surely there's a better way to implement what you're actually trying
LG> to do; like firewalling the server you don't want accessed.

See above. I do not want to firewall some server! I have a sevice -
LAN connection, and I want to cut off some users that have debts
(There is a hardware solution - just unplug them from the switch, but
I'm seeking for software solution)

--
Alexey Kuzmenko
CCNA