Date:      Thu, 2 Aug 2001 20:54:25 -0000
From:      "Jamaal Sanford" <mauler@beldar.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   3com509-TPC Etherlink stalls

I have a 3com 3C509-TPC Etherlink III (ISA), installed on interface ep0. I'm
running NAT on my box, with interface ep0 connected to the outside world,
and interface ep1,
a 3com 509-Combo(ISA) connected to my internal LAN. I noticed after a few
hours ep0 will stall and will not respond to anything from either the
internal LAN or any external network.

A quick "ifconfig ep0 down/up" fixes this problem and interface ep0 works
correctly again. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this
particular problem with the 3com 3C509-TPC
Etherlink III, and possibly, known solutions to this problem.

Thanks in advance,
Jamaal Sanford