Date:      Sat, 17 Feb 2007 02:29:24 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Kevin Downey <redchin@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Internet Explorer on FreeBSD

On 2007-02-16 16:15, Kevin Downey <redchin@gmail.com> wrote:
> I do a bit of web dev stuff so it would be nice to be able to see the
> page in IE.
> A website I use for work uses ActiveX.
> I hate dual booting.
> What is the best(easiest) way to run ie on freebsd?

For one of the ActiveX sites I regularly have to visit (a stupid thing
which calls itself a "Helpdesk Web Application", but is in fact nothing
more than a thin ActiveX wrapper around a very bogusly designed problem
report database), I usually connect to a Windows machine through rdesktop.

I'm not sure if there is a *good* way to run IE on FreeBSD, but if you
do have a Windows machine around, the net/rdesktop port is a very cool
utility to have around :)