Date:      Thu, 10 May 2001 20:21:52 +0900
From:      Mitsuru IWASAKI <iwasaki@jp.FreeBSD.org>
To:        nsayer@quack.kfu.com
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Recommended addition to apmd: Battery state watching

Hi,

> I would propose adding the follwing syntax to apmd.conf:
>
> apm_batt ([0-9]+%|[0-9]+m) {
> }

Cool!  I have a suggestion on it.

apm_batt ([0-9]+%|[0-9]+m) [charging|discharding] {
}

I think we need consider whether batteries are in charging or discharging.
Following suggested examples, prototypical usage would be

apm_batt 5% discharging {
	exec "logger -p kern.emerg *** Battery state low ***";
}

apm_batt 5% charging {
	exec "logger -p user.notice *** Battery state normal from low ***";
}

Seems good?

Thanks