Date:      Fri, 31 May 2002 09:01:59 -0600
From:      ertank@softhome.net
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ftp ls shows wrong time

Hello to all,

Before asking here I searched bugs list, google bsd search but can not
find answer to my problem.

I have a FreeBSD 4.6-RC system. FreeBSD ftp server runs on it.

When I do an ftp to the machine and ls example result is:
ozlerplastik# ftp localhost
Connected to localhost.com.
220 ozlerplastik.com FTP server (Version 6.00LS) ready.
Name (localhost:ertank): ftp
331 Guest login ok, send your email address as password.
Password:
230- FTP Sunucumuza hosgeldiniz.
230-
230- You are wellcome to our FTP Server.
230 Guest login ok, access restrictions apply.
Remote system type is UNIX.
Using binary mode to transfer files.
ftp> ls
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for '/bin/ls'.
total 57
dr-xr-xr-x  2 0     operator    512 May  2 11:28 bin
                                          ^^^^^
[snip]
time is 11:28 but when I ls -l the ftp dir the result is:
ozlerplastik# ls -l
total 57
dr-xr-xr-x  2 root     operator    512 May  2 14:28 bin
                                             ^^^^^

I do connections over LAN, but one of my friend tested it for me over
internet the result is same.

My timezone is set to Europe->Turkey.

I tried some other ftp servers, but they respond really slow although I
use them as locally. (Maybe another problem to solve.) Time is important
for my program in my company. So I can not dismiss it.

Can anybody know what is the problem?

Regards,

 --
Ertan Kucukoglu