Date:      Tue, 11 Jul 2000 14:32:50 +0000
From:      Shane Nay <shane@isupportlive.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   POSIX Real time extensions

Curiousity strikes me:

Is there any present plans to implement the posix realtime signal queues in the
freeBSD kernel?  I fear I'm not too up on this portion of developement, but
I've been looking around to see if it's implemented and it looks like it's not
the case.

I'm writing some library code to deal with signal driven i/o right now, and
presently can only test on Linux.  It would be nice if FreeBSD implemented
these features.  The feature has been available in linux for some time, but has
just recently stabalized (i.e. become non buggy) in the devel kernels.

Thanks,
Shane Nay
(I'd do it myself, but I'm sure core would laugh at my implementation :=)