Date:      Mon, 22 Apr 2002 09:36:31 -0700
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.freebsd.org>
To:        The Anarcat <anarcat@anarcat.dyndns.org>
Cc:        libh@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: hfstab and extending getfsent(3)

> It would be interesting to extend getfsent(3) into functions that
> would write to fstab too. I don't know if it would be appropriate to
> write those functions in C and backport them to the base, but I think
> it's worth a shot. sysinstallNG needs to write to /etc/fstab at any rate.

If those FreeBSD losers would just adopt Netinfo for all this kind of
information, there would already be a central datastore and an API for
writing to it! :-)

OK, sorry, too much crack this morning.  Seriously, this sort of thing would
be good - the lack of a programmatic interface for writing fstab entries
has been commented on and complained about before.

- Jordan