Date:      Tue, 19 Jan 2021 11:33:53 -0800
From:      Pete Wright <pete@nomadlogic.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DRM problem installing kernel on main-c561-gc3e75b6c1

On 1/19/21 6:26 AM, Thomas Laus wrote:
> I perform a CURRENT build weekly on a more powerful build machine and
> then export /usr/src and /usr/obj via NFS to other slower PC's.  The
> 'installkernel' phase failed with 'linuxkpi_gplv2.ko' not found.  It
> looks like this file is not installed before the rest of the
> 'drm-current-kmod' files.  This causes the 'installkernel' over NFS to fail.
>
> My fis was to un-install drm-current-kmod, install the kernel and then
> re-install drm-current-kmod.
hrm, i'm not sure this is specifically an NFS issue.  I am
building/installing locally on my workstation but am getting similar
errors trying to load drm-devel-kmod's amdgpu mod.  at this point even
uninstalling drm-devel-kmod, make installkernel, install drm-devel-kmod
pkg results in the same problem.

-pete

--
Pete Wright