Date:      Mon, 1 Dec 2014 08:31:57 -0800
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        "Christopher R. Bowman" <crb@chrisbowman.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org" <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 10.1 hangs during boot on Intel DP35DP board

Hi!

Does a boot verbose (set in the menu options) give more information?

-a

On 30 November 2014 at 22:42, Christopher R. Bowman <crb@chrisbowman.com> w=
rote:
> I have a pretty stock Intel DP35DP board with and E8400 Core2Duo and the =
latest BIOS off the Intel website.  This board runs 7.1 and 8.4 fine.  Howe=
ver neither 9.1 nor 10.1 will boot the AMD64 memstick kernel beyond the =E2=
=80=9CTimecounters tick every 1.000 msec=E2=80=9C section of probing.  It w=
edges hard after that line and you have to pus the reset button.  I=E2=80=
=99ve tried turning off ACPI in the boot loader.  That does not work.  I=E2=
=80=99ve tried turning on and off most of the options in the BIOS that seem=
 like they might impact things and none of those have worked.  Does anyone =
have any suggestions?  Is anyone running this board under 9.x or 10.x?  I c=
an make this system available to anyone in the bay area if you=E2=80=99re l=
ooking for a project.  Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated. =
 If I=E2=80=99ve sent this to the wrong list, please let me know privately.