Date:      Thu, 20 Jun 2002 15:00:20 -0500
From:      "Eric F Crist" <ecrist@adtechintegrated.com>
To:        "'Scott'" <scottro@despammed.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: re-installing the FreeBSD MBR.

Scott,

I've tried what you have posted on you site, as well as your
recommendations in the previous email, however GRUB still doesn't want
to work correctly for me.

I have the following in my FreeBSD partition in my /boot/grub directory
in the file menu.lst (an L, not a one):

default 0
timeout 30
fallback 1

#FreeBSD
title FreeBSD
root (hd1,0,a)
kernel /boot/loader ro root=/dev/hdb1

#Windows XP
title Windows XP Professional
rootnoverify (hd0,0)
chainloader +1

All of the above is in my menu.lst file, but when I reboot the system,
all I get is the following:

GRUB _

That line being a blinking cursor.  I have all of the stage files in
/boot/grub, and when I run

grub> root (hd1,0,a)
grub> setup (hd1)
[...]blah, blah, everything ok[...]

It lists a bunch of checks as OK, and installes the /boot/grub/menu.lst
file as installed OK.

At the GRUB _ screen, I can't do anything, it's as if my system is
locked up.  Ctrl-Alt-Delete doesn't even work.  What have I done wrong?

Eric F Crist
President/Sys Admin
AdTech Integrated Systems, Inc
http://www.adtechintegrated.com