Date:      Sat, 30 Sep 2000 08:59:54 -0500
From:      Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>
To:        Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
Cc:        Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>, op-tech@openpackages.org, arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: :C/// regex for make(1)

On Sat, Sep 30, 2000 at 03:15:15PM +0200, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> I've left the #ifdef in as it's in the NetBSD code.  I can only guess that
> the reason is to make it easier to bootstrap make(1) on systems that don't
> have regexp routines. Seeing that FreeBSD has dropped all the
> bootstrapping code, it's probably best to just put in the code
> unconditionally.

Yeah.  I'm still waiting for objections.

> OK - maybe let me know when you're done.
> FYI, I've tested this with 4.0-STABLE.

Yes, make(1) has for the most part stayed in sync as far as the -stable
& -current branches at a given time are concerned.

Thanks again,

--
Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu> - Physics Computer Network wench
The Universal Answer to All Problems - "It has something to do with physics."