Date:      Thu, 26 Dec 2013 20:20:16 +0000
From:      Andrew Turner <andrew@fubar.geek.nz>
To:        Glen Barber <gjb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arm ml <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD Release Engineering Team <re@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 10.0-RC3 Now Available

On Thu, 26 Dec 2013 14:55:12 -0500
Glen Barber <gjb@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 07:48:30PM +0000, Andrew Turner wrote:
> > On Thu, 26 Dec 2013 10:25:09 -0800
> > Tim Kientzle <kientzle@freebsd.org> wrote:

> > > What do we need to include some ARM images?
> > >
> > > At a minimum, I would love to get an official RC3 build for RPi.
> >
> > I would suggest we could build a tarball of armv6 userland and an
> > RPi image to dd to an SD card.
> >
> > Building the former should be straight forward.
> >
> > For the latter, assuming the release target is unable to build the
> > required U-Boot binary, we could use crochet. I'm not sure if we can
> > use a tarball as the input for this to guarantee both are the same.
> >

> The problem with using crochet is that it requires git on the build
> machine, which just adds to the minimum dependencies needed, both for
> crochet itself, and (last I was aware) an external uboot tree.

Github allows you to use svn to checkout a git repo with svn. There is
an option under the clone url to set it to subversion.

U-Boot should just be a tarball, if it is a git repo we would need to
make it a tarball for the release to supply the source as it is GPL.

> Maybe it is just more sensible to take what crochet is doing, and make
> that into a release target.

Yes, but I assume this is not feasible for 10.0.

Andrew