Date:      Fri, 30 Jun 2000 23:21:14 +0100
From:      "Roger Bacon" <Roger@aeon-uk.net>
To:        "FreeBSD-Questions (E-mail)" <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   dchp

Hi there

how do I tell FreeBSD's dchp client what name
to send in the dchp request so that the dns
server, which gets all the local network
hostnames from their dchp request, can then
resolve correctly. The DNS/DCHP server is a
win NT box running win proxy which I have no
control over. It picks up the dchp request but
doesn't get a hostname.

uname -a
FreeBSD FreeBSD 3.4-RELEASE FreeBSD 3.4-RELEASE #0: Mon Dec 20
06:54:39 GMT 1999
      jkh@time.cdrom.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC i386

unable to run 4.x due to buggy ad driver :-(

TIA

Roger