Date:      Fri, 9 Apr 2004 12:46:14 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Martin Hudec <corwin@aeternal.net>
Subject:   Re: Portupgrade problem

On Friday 09 April 2004 12:34 pm, Andreas Davour wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Apr 2004, Martin Hudec wrote:
> > Hi Andreas,
> >
> > 	don't you really have atk in /usr/ports/accessibility/atk
> > directory?
>
> No.
>
> > Perhaps look into ports-supfile.. do you have there ports-all
> > enabled?
>
> No, I have it commented out, since I left all the individual ports
> collections in there instead, except for arabic, hebrew and some
> other exotic languages.
>
> Could it be I have made such a basic mistake as to not cvsup'ed a
> vital dependedcy?! I kind of figured the newly cvsup'ed port of cvsup
> would have included a new example file of ports-supfile if that had
> been the problem.
>
> One should never *expect* a computer to do something I guess.
>
> Would something strange happen now if I added a line for
> 'ports-accessability' in my ports-supfile and tried to cvsup again?
>
> I guess I *really* should do a pkgdb -Uu then?

You have to remember the INDEX is created by make and when you leave
items out, things can go to hell very quickly. If you want an real
INDEX, you cvsup ports-all and don't refuse anymore than ports/INDEX.

You never know when a new dependancy has been added that depends on
something you don't think is important. Ports-all keeps you on top of
it.

Kent