Date:      Sat, 19 Aug 2000 10:33:24 -0400
From:      Rick Knebel <rknebel@uplink.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How is freebsd doing

Hi,

I am considering installing freebsd on my computer instead of linux to run
my home network. How is Freebsd doing as far as use compared to linux. Is
it going to be around in 5 years? I just don,t want to get involved with it
if it is going to fade away. Also I have heard people say that Linux is a
kernel with a bunch of added programs to it but freebsd is a complete
operating system.

What does this mean? Doesn''t Freebsd have a kernel also?

Thanks
Rick

Rick Knebel
rknebel@uplink.net