Date:      Fri, 6 Sep 2002 06:52:51 -0700
From:      "Max Clark" <max@clarksys.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   GFS (Global File System) support in FreeBSD

There are efforts in the Linux world to build a file system with similar
features to the Compaq Tru64 cluster. Meaning that multiple nodes can
access the same disk (via scsi, or more preferably Fibre Channel), while
providing a file system on that shared disk (unlike raw file systems
used for Oracle Parallel Server on Sun).

I understand that this is extremely complicated, but at the same time
gives incredible rewards for clustering and people looking for shared
disk that is not NAS based.

Are there any such efforts underway with FreeBSD? If so where I can find
them to read up on what is occurring? If not is anything like this
planned for FreeBSD?

Thanks,
Max