Date:      Mon, 13 Apr 1998 14:10:11 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Martin Von_Schantz <ikaros_net@hotmail.com>, Questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Windows managers

On Sun, 12 April 1998 at 11:15:34 -0700, Martin Von_Schantz wrote:
> Hello, I have been recommended the KDE desktop environment by some
> 'Linux users' :)
> it doesn't seem that BSD friendly unfourtunately so I wondered
> if anyone had a better windows manager to recommend.

I can't comment on KDE, since I haven't used it, beyond the impression
I have that it is rather Microsoft-like, which doesn't make me think
more highly of it.

In "The Complete FreeBSD", second edition
(http://www.cdrom.com/titles/os/bsdbook2.htm) I describe and recommend
fvwm2.  Your mileage may vary.

Greg