Date:      Sat, 1 May 2004 17:15:07 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Peter Ulrich Kruppa <root@pukruppa.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ppp instabilities?

Hi!

My system is
FreeBSD pukruppa.net 5.2-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT
#0: Wed Apr 28 23:06:14 CEST 2004 .

I am running userland ppp with -nat and -ddial options to connect
to my DSL/Internet Service Providers (T-Kom and kamp-dsl in
Germany, via PPPoE).

During the last four or five weeks my connection went down very
often and didn't start again - which should be granted by -ddial.
My providers of course swear this isn't their fault and of course
my DSL bridge or my NIC might be defect some way.
Usually I can restart my connection by rebooting my machine.

My ppp configs should be okay: I am using them for more than a
year now without any problems.

So here my two questions:
1) Does anyone else see this behavior on -CURRENT?
2) Are there any logs or tools I can use to analyze this
   behaviour?

Thanks for all hints,

Uli.

	|    Peter Ulrich Kruppa    |