Date:      05 Jan 2002 12:44:53 -0500
From:      "Brandon S. Allbery " KF8NH <allbery@ece.cmu.edu>
To:        "Brian T. Schellenberger" <bts@babbleon.org>
Cc:        p00r0ne@digitz.org, John Gordon <john.gordon@windriver.com>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATI Mobility hell

On Sat, 2002-01-05 at 00:43, Brian T. Schellenberger wrote:
> On Friday 04 January 2002 09:19 pm, you wrote:
> > On Fri, 2002-01-04 at 20:18, Brian T.Schellenberger wrote:
> > > If you use XFree86 4, you can't use xf86config, I don't think, but then
> > > again taking your file from Linux should have worked fine.  Indeed,
> > > that's what I did--got somebody else's Linux config and used it.
> > >
> > > What does *not* seem to work with the ATI drivers is to use X
> > > -configure--that locks me up, too.
> >
> > Interesting; it works for me.
>
> This is from X -configure rather than from regular X with a config file?

The snippet is from regular XFree86 with a config file, and was intended
solely to identify my ATI chipset.  "XFree86 -configure" does indeed
work for me, however.

--
brandon s. allbery   [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]  allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator      [WAY too many hats]        allbery@ece.cmu.edu