Date:      Tue, 09 Apr 1996 01:43:08 +0100
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Tony Kimball <alk@Think.COM>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sys_errlist

Tony Kimball wrote in message ID
<199604082016.PAA12826@compound.think.com>:

> Okay, so this is kind of silly, and I'm sure no one wants to hear
> about it, but the declaration of sys_errlist in stdio.h is truly a
> pain.  I'll suggest that it be removed.

You're right. It is a pain to have to correct broken s/w to understand
4.4BSD standards. Bug the authors/maintainers to correct their
s/w. That variable has been declared through 3 releases of FreeBSD,
and is in ALL 4.4 derrived BSD's... If you don't believe me, ask
someone who was around in the pre-2.0 days (like myself) and porting
s/w to FreeBSD...

Sorry, I don't think it's going away or changing.

Gary