Date:      Tue, 7 Jan 1997 12:07:19 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        mrcpu@cdsnet.net (Jaye Mathisen)
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pib comments.

Jaye Mathisen stands accused of saying:

> You'll note that I didn't slam your work specifically, in fact, I said it
> was a great concept.  You'll also note that it was a comment, and not a
> statement that "The author is completely braindamaged, and should be taken
> out and shot".  So in a nutshell, relax.

Hmm; perhaps I was annoyed at the inference that because Tcl/Tk was
basically crap that I must have rocks in my head to use it and that
therefore it could only be of use to Lusers.  I'm _still_ narked that
you didn't ask me personally, first, whether it was supposed to
perform like a dog.

> Perhaps it is my config, while I find it possible that it is something
> with Accelerated-X, it seems odd that it only shows up in tk stuff, and
> nothing else.

It annoyed me no end too, but I was a little on the overbusy side to
chase it at the time.  I can confirm that it doesn't appear to happen
with the 2.x Accel-X server, and Patrick G. at Xinside was obviously
very keen to get it resolved; you might want to talk directly with him
and see if there's something they can do for you.