Date:      Fri, 09 May 2003 12:00:49 -0500
From:      Chris Pressey <cpressey@catseye.mb.ca>
To:        Matthieu Bonavita <m.bonavita@free.fr>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mesa 4.3.2 - Configure failure

On Fri, 9 May 2003 18:15:58 +0200
Matthieu Bonavita <m.bonavita@free.fr> wrote:

> Hello, I need to install a package,which require SDL, which himself
> require Mesa3.4.2. While installing this last one, I get a :
>
> ===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
>       Please report the problem to sobomax@FreeBSD.org [maintainer]
>       and attach the
>       "/usr/ports/graphics/Mesa3/work/Mesa-3.4.2/config.log" including
>       the output of the failure of your make command. Also, it might
>       be a good idea to provide an overview of all packages installed
>       on your system (e.g. an `ls /var/db/pkg`).
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/Mesa3.
>
> For information,I run a FreeBSD RELEASE 5.0 - p7.
> I just updated today the ports collection, same effects, with
> Mesa3.4.2_2... Attached files : Packages list, Config.log
>
> If anybody has a clue ...

Hello,

I had problems installing Mesa the other day, as well.
I don't remember if they were the exact same as yours, but they were
similar.
I fixed them by setting the following environment variables:

  setenv  C_INCLUDE_PATH  /include:/usr/include:/usr/local/include
  setenv  LIBRARY_PATH    /lib:/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib

It's been my experience that when a port can't find a header file or a
library, this is something to try.  So I put them in my .cshrc

Unfortunately it's also been my experience that having these set can
muck up buildworld, so I explicitly unset them in my buildworld script.
Not sure if this is intentional or an oversight on buildworld's part.

-Chris