Date:      Sat, 17 Jun 2000 07:57:34 -0300
From:      "Nicolau Werneck" <nwerneck@net.em.com.br>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   BIOS interruption calls in C under freebsd for graphics

hi!

 I'm trying to make a little graphical program, and I'm thinking in
use the (IBM 80486) BIOS interruptions to set the video mode and
put pixels on the screen (I'm looking for better solutions.. anyone?).
	I used to do this under DOS But I observed that FreeBSD
(surprisingly! :)  ) doesn't come with a dos.h library! I found out this
bios.h file, with a structure of registers, and a
function to call interruptions, but I couldn't figure out how it works...
(what the hell is this first argument?).
	I know that I can draw on the screen writting directely to the
0xa0000 adress, and since I don't know how to do that in C (anyone
again? :)  ), The solution I found was the interruptions... But to set
the video mode, can I use the vidcontrol program? How??? Even for
high resolutions like 1024x760?