Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 95 20:00:00 gmt
From:      Wagemans Peter <PWA@lbvgrna.logica.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.0.5 and Adaptec 1542CP?

Dear reader,

Recently I acquired the FreeBSD 2.0.5 CD set (locally in the Netherlands),
based on the claim that the Adaptec 154x series ISA SCSI cards are
supported. However, I don't seem to be able to get the kernel to work with
my 1542CP card (note the P). Is this card actually supported?

(Some details, just in case it is useful. The card is configured for port
0x334, IRQ 11, DMA 6 and I have used the config utility to supply the kernel
with those values. The first aha0 message says (if memory serves) "unknown
board" followed by "cmd/data full" and the boot procedure ends up in a
timeout-retry loop following "waiting for the SCSI devices to settle". The
configuration is working fine with Linux 1.2.13.)

Could you let me know whether the card is supposed to be supported and point
me in the right direction or to the right person?

Many thanks,

Peter Wagemans