Date:      Sun,  3 Mar 2002 01:56:23 -0800
From:      "Jonas Fornander " <jonas@netwood.net>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Need help with configuring cgi-bin

I wonder if someone could give me some hints on how to properly
configure Apache to enable a cgi-bin in users directory.

Scripts runs fine in the default ScriptAlias directory. According to the
documentation at apache.org, I need to enable
Addhandler cgi-script cgi (eventhou in httpd.conf it reads Addhandler
cgi-script .cgi) and add a directory directive to the main configuration
file where the scripts are. So I added:
<Directory /usr/home/xxxx/public_html/cgi-bin>
# in the manual it says to have path without " but ones again in
# httpd.conf all directory have " around the path

	Options +ExecCGI
</Directory>

I have tried both versions - with or without the " and with or without
the "."

When I try to run a .cgi script in the users cgi-bin I get a 403
permission denied error in the browser. Both the cgi-bin and the script
is chmod to 755. In the httpd-error.log I have the following error:
Options ExecCGI is off in this directory

What am I missing?

Jonas Fornander
Netwood Communications,LLC