Date:      Thu, 07 Mar 2002 14:49:59 -0800
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Drew <drew@no6.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pccard0 problems

> Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 14:11:50 -0800
> From: Drew <drew@no6.com>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
>
> I have a Lucent silver wireless card and a 3com megahertz 3c589D nic,
> both are detected and work fine while in pccard1, but both report No
> card in database for "(null)"("(null)") when in pccard0
>
> Both cards when in slot 1 use 0x240-0x27f irq 11
>
> I'm sure theres some memory or irq problem, but I'm pretty new to BSD
> and don't know how to fix it.

We need a bit to go on. What version of FreeBSD? dmesg output? If you
are using PCI interrupt routing (the default with 4.4 and newer), the
slots will share an IRQ, so that is probably not the problem.

There is a problem with some hardware that results in only one slot
working, although I thought it was usually slot 0 that worked and slot
one that failed.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)