Date:      Thu, 26 May 2011 12:27:33 +0300
From:      Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Rick Macklem <rmacklem@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Current <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   newnfs user setup

Rick,

maybe I've just not looked hard enough, but I am a little bit confused about how
to setup properly newnfs server and client via rc.conf.
That is, I am not sure which exactly daemons I need and what variables to set.

The reason I am asking is that I see some things than seems unexpected to me.
For example, rc.d/nfsserver tries to load nfsserver.ko, but that fails in my
environment:
root: /etc/rc: WARNING: Unable to load kernel module nfsserver
And these modules come built into my kernel:
$ kldstat -v | fgrep nfs
                171 nfssvc
                126 nfsd
                123 nfscommon
                172 nfslockd
                124 nfs
                130 unionfs
                125 nfscl
                170 nfslock

Also, I see that rc.d/nfsclient has
required_modules="nfsclient:oldnfs"
which is also a little bit surprising.

So I would appreciate an example here.

Also, for my future tests, I would like to get some pointers on getting started
with NFSv4 in FreeBSD.

Thanks!
--
Andriy Gapon